Friday, March 1, 2013

Recipe // Chicken Mozzarella.


Ingredients

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can crushed tomatoes
Mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).

2. Cut the chicken breasts in half, and put into glass dish and cover with some of the crushed tomato sauce.

3. Cut the mozza cheese into slices and put on top of the chicken and sauce.

4. Add a little more sauce to over the cheese, and a little more cheese on top of the second layer of sauce.

5. Cook for approximately 45 minutes.


This recipe is my mom's take on Chicken Parmesan, but its a lot simpler and quicker to prepare. It's also one of my favorite dishes! I am really bad at taking photos while I cook; this is the only dinner photo I have. If it were a photo of my plate, the potatoes would be covered in tomato sauce. So delicious, and did I mention, easy to make!!! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds tasty! I love chicken Parmesan and this does sound much quicker and less of a mess to clean up :)

    I wanted to invite you to our weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Friday nights till the end of Monday, come link up if you have some time this weekend :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/03/weekend-meet-greet-blog-hop-16_1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely much quicker and hardly any mess! I've started adding different spices to the tomato sauce which really tastes good! My mom prefers using tomato sauce, where I prefer crushed tomatoes.

      Delete
  2. That looks soooo good!!


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and so easy to make! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Yummy. Nowadays I am doing work on my list of food. I just need chicken and potato. I think I should try this!
    Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a really simple recipe to prepare; I have actually started adding italian spices to the tomato sauce, along with some salt and pepper. Really tasty!!

      Delete