Monday, February 11, 2013

Review on Ebates.

While watching tv this evening, I saw a commercial for this online website called Ebates. To be honest, I wasn't really paying much attention to the commercial until I heard "Ebates pays you to shop online..."

Seriously? Besides groceries and clothing, I do most of my shopping online. I am actually a huge fan of online shopping because nine times out of ten, I can find a better deal online than in store; and to receive money for shopping online, I would definitely start buying more online. My first thought was that this website is too good to be true, but from what I could find, I think it's legit!

So, what is Ebates and how does it work? 

To make it simple, Ebates is an affiliate website to several hundred retail stores.

Instead of going directly to the retailers website, start your shopping at Ebates; from the Ebates website, click through to your favorite online store and shop as you normally would. Because Ebates is an affiliate website, when you click through via their link, they receive a commission. What Ebates does is they keep track of what you buy and give you a portion of the commission they receive from the retailers. Every quarter, they send you a cheque for a percentage of your online purchases. Each retailer is different, you may get 10% cash back from retailer A, or 16% cash back from retailer B.

I'm actually a little disappointed that I didn't know about this website back in December because I did all of my Christmas shopping online.

Anyways ... the second best part is that Ebates is available to online shoppers in both Canada and the United States. I only just signed up this evening, but if you're interested in signing up, I have included links for both the .ca and .com sites.


Do you currently shop online via Ebates?

6 comments:

  1. I love cash back sites. I am signed up to two English ones, quidco and top cash back, it can sure add up, i only started a couple of months ago, but i buy most things online so I am hoping by next Christmas to have a few pounds extra to spend from cash back.
    Came by via the GFC blog hop, I already follow you on GFC so I now follow on Bloglovin as well, hope you can follow back if you like my blog.
    Angela x
    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that these sites work! Thanks for following via GFC and Bloglovin -- I am now following you on Bloglovin as well!

      Delete
  2. Ill be getting another check soon! Love Ebates.... love getting money back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Found you via the GFC Blog Hop! I'm glad I did! thanks for this information. I also do MOST of my shopping online, so this is a site I'll definitely check.

    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by and following. I'm now following you as well!

      Delete