Thursday, November 8, 2012

Facts on Kissing.

Source: picship.com via Chelsea on Pinterest

Did you know that kissing is good for you and your health? 

Kissing that special someone is not only great for romantic bonding, it's also just as awesome for your heath -- it makes us happier, it promotes all sorts of amazing chemicals to go flooding through our body, and it helps to make us smile! 

Here are my five favorite facts about kissing: 
  1. Kissing naturally relaxes you; it also significantly reduces the effects of stress.

  2. It keeps your facial muscles strong; kissing uses 29 facial muscles and is also a very effective exercise to reduce wrinkles!

  3. Kissing burns calories; a quick kiss burns three calories, and an energetic kiss can burn more than 10 calories.

  4. People who kiss their partners goodbye before going to work live longer than those who shut the door. 

  5. When kissing, the body produces a substance that is 200 times more powerful than morphine, releasing a powerful narcotic effect on the body.
So, what are you waiting for? Go give that person you love a great big KISS!

If you want to read the full article, 10 things you didn't know about kissing, jump on over to the MindBodyGreen website here. It's worth the read!

19 comments:

  1. Yes, more kisses I say more kisses. What a sweet post and wonderful topic.

    Aloha,
    'just wanted to thank ya for joining me for An Aloha Affair. We have a beautiful team of bloggers hosting this week and I would so love it if you'd join us, again.
    'hope to see ya soon.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I have met a lot of great new blogger friends through An Aloha Affair, thank you for hosting such a great blog hop!

      Delete
  2. haha, cute. I love kissing! glad I can now point out all the health benefits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kisses! I always kiss hubby and baby when I leave for work even though they are both still asleep. I also tell them I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw cute! I love this :) Well, hubby and I kiss all the time. And we've been together 4 years. Now I'm going to tell him about all those benefits!! Nothing wrong with more kissing! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I said to my boyfriend - more kissing!

      Delete
  5. This is a cute post! Makes me happy :) I need my husband to get over here now! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha so cute! excuse me while I go mak on my man ;)

    <3 kelly elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I may have done the same after writing this post!! :)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE kissing my husband. And daughter. I may be obsessed.

    Seriously. My husband says sometimes it's overboard. Whatever. He knew what he was getting into when he married me. ;)

    I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello!

    new follower here from the blog hop!! also new at sponsoring with you too =)

    I love kissing too!I tried to kiss my boyfriend as as i can everyday, and for sure it makes us happier =)

    Bea =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think kissing your partner every day is a must!

      Delete
  9. Love this article, thanks for sharing :)


    New follower from the hop, follow back?

    http://www.simplyblushed.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you for the follow!!

      Delete